Well... Alexis put herself to sleep last night!!! It was wonderful! She had her 4 month check up yesterday, and I told her doctor that I'm TIRED of her sleeping in our bed. (She sleeps like crap otherwise.) He said that she's hit 'the mark' of being old enough to sleep through the night without needing to eat, and that we can let her cry herself to sleep. The words were beautiful to my ears! With Cameron, we did the 'Ferber' method, which is as follows: You let them cry for 5 minutes, then go in and reassure them. Then you go in at 10 min. Then at 15. Then 30. And so on and so forth. However, Dr. Arnold (Alexis' spokesman) said that he doesn't agree with this method. He says that every time you LEAVE, the child cries harder and is more upset. He suggests letting them cry for up to 1 hour before going in there. I was pretty surprised, but willing to give it a shot. I was sure she would cry for longer than 1 hour, but just like the doctor said, 40 minutes later she was asleep! She fussed for a little bit, but every time put herself back to sleep. She slept in her CRIB, ALL NIGHT! She slept from 7 until 3:45, when she woke up to eat. After I fed her and put her down, she never fussed. Then she woke up for good at 7:15. It's a miracle!!! Hahaha.. Anyways, we are all pretty happy this morning to say the least!
We are getting our family pictures taken today, so check back soon to see them posted! (Maybe a week?) Cameron got his flu shot yesterday, and me and Tyler (against his will) are getting ours today. I DON'T want to get sick!!! Tyler is extremely busy with cabinet jobs and he can't really afford to get sick right now either. Just a reminder: this is our only source of income (except for student loans!) so if anyone wants to pass on Tyler's name for any woodwork, it would be most appreciated!
Oh! My friend Michelle had kind of a fun post that I thought I'd do. Feel free to post it on your blogs and fill it out too! Here's the rules:
A. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.
B. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog, for these rules.
1. I love music more than I can describe. I feel such strong emotions while listening to music. (Which is why I had to stop listening to Linkin Park because it made me want to go beat someone up! haha) I know it sounds stupid, but I often cry and/or get the chills while listening to certain songs. (BTW, they're usually not love songs!)
2. I love playing games! Board games, card games, group games... you name it! I don't think I could ever get sick of it. If Tyler wasn't always so busy (and we didn't have kids to interupt) I would play games every night. My new favorite games (courtesy of Nate and Wendi!) are "Killer Bunnies" and "Speed Scrabble". Also, I'm addicted to 'Dance Dance Revolution' and it's even more fun when Nisha's doing it with me!
3. I wish I was a photographer. I used to want to study photography at school until I got interesting in ASL interpreting. I am fascinated with beautiful pictures and wish that I, too, could capture a 1000 words in a single photograph.
4. I truly enjoy working out. I know most people hate it and think it's boring, but I get a rush of excitement when I exercise. Yes, it is still hard for me to sometimes get up and just do it... But once I do, I NEVER regret it! My favorite workouts are Billy Blanks boot camp, and Turbo Jam. I love to push myself to the max and know that I am significantly improving my health by doing so!
5. I am a perfectionist. (Oh wait, everyone already KNEW that!)
6. One of my happiest, most accomplished, most proud moments in my life is when Amy, Krista, and I sang 'I believe in love' at a Humanitarian banquet. I will NEVER forget that feeling!
Now it's everyone else's turn! If you don't have blogger, just post a comment with your 6 things!
Okay, well I'll leave you all with some new pictures. Love you all!