Sunday, December 28, 2008
Psych - She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not
I love Psych! I think it is such a funny, clever, sarcastic show. This is the newest episode opened on MSN (which is the only way I can watch it, being without cable and all) and it is MY FAVORITE to date. Anyways just had to share it. Oh, and Chelsea, I wished I could have been watching it with you. I know it would have made it even funnier!!!
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Friday, December 26, 2008
Shanna convinced me to start a blog, I didn't think I'd become one of these people! ;) My new blog address is http://jamyisadaringbaker.blogspot.com/ . It is my new food blog! I recently joined a group of baking bloggers, known as "Daring Bakers". The most recent count I heard was 1000 members. I'd explain it, but I just got done explaining it on my other blog. Wanna know more? Go check it out. Please, don't make me say it all again!
I'll leave everyone with 2 funny Cameron stories.
#1) Tyler was looking at Cameron. Cameron: "What are you looking at?" Tyler: 'I'm just looking at how handsome you are.' Cameron: "No you're not. You're looking at how cool & awesome I am..."
#2) Cameron asks me... "Do you know what my friend Cache's name is?" Not knowing how to respond to this, I say: 'No, I don't Cameron. What is it?' He throws up his hands with a look of bewilderment and monotonously says "It's Cache..."
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Friday, December 19, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Crockpot Italian Beef (Sandwiches)
Cafe Rio Pork with Cilantro Rice
Marie Callenders Lemon Cream Cheese Pie
Coconut Chicken Curry
Chicken Tikka Masala
Peanut Butter Cups
Potato Rolls (FIRST TIME EVER!!! WO-HOO FOR HOMEMADE ROLLS!)
Trifle bites (Can I just tell you my picture of this was WAY better?! Hahaha But my sister still hasn't sent it to me!)
Pumpkin Apple-spice muffins (Sooo good!)
Pumpkin pancakes with cinnamon syrup
Italian's Shepherds pie (Ahh... Good 'ol Rachael Ray!)
Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
(BTW, A great big THANKS to Shanna for tips with my food pictures!)
Okay, so who cares?! ME! These were ALL brand new recipes. I've been making something 'new' just about every day. I'm really proud of myself and have been happy with almost everything I made. Seriously, check out the links and if something looks good to you, MAKE IT because almost all of these tasted soooo yummy! My point is, I'm excited to eat something that (to me) is delicous and NO MESS! Thank heavens for hot dogs. ;)
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Your result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz...
You Are a Marilyn!
Marilyns are responsible, trustworthy, and value loyalty to family, friends, groups, and causes. Their personalities range broadly from reserved and timid to outspoken and confrontative.
How to Get Along with Me
- * Be direct and clear
- * Listen to me carefully
- * Don't judge me for my anxiety
- * Work things through with me
- * Reassure me that everything is OK between us
- * Laugh and make jokes with me
- * Gently push me toward new experiences
- * Try not to overreact to my overreacting.
What I Like About Being a Marilyn
- * being committed and faithful to family and friends
- * being responsible and hardworking
- * being compassionate toward others
- * having intellect and wit
- * being a nonconformist
- * confronting danger bravely
- * being direct and assertive
What's Hard About Being a Marilyn
- * the constant push and pull involved in trying to make up my mind
- * procrastinating because of fear of failure; having little confidence in myself
- * fearing being abandoned or taken advantage of
- * exhausting myself by worrying and scanning for danger
- * wishing I had a rule book at work so I could do everything right
- * being too critical of myself when I haven't lived up to my expectations
Marilyns as Children Often
- * are friendly, likable, and dependable, and/or sarcastic, bossy, and stubborn
- * are anxious and hypervigilant; anticipate danger
- * form a team of "us against them" with a best friend or parent
- * look to groups or authorities to protect them and/or question authority and rebel
- * are neglected or abused, come from unpredictable or alcoholic families, and/or take on the fearfulness of an overly anxious parent
Marilyns as Parents
- * are often loving, nurturing, and have a strong sense of duty
- * are sometimes reluctant to give their children independence
- * worry more than most that their children will get hurt
- * sometimes have trouble saying no and setting boundaries
Monday, December 8, 2008
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Seriously, this stuff is amazing! I hate ironing. I've ALWAYS hated ironing. I know no one likes it (unless you're a sick, twisted freak) but I REALLY REALLY hate it. I'm TERRIBLE at it. I end up making MORE wrinkles than I started out with. And the people that tell me they never iron? I just don't understand. My laundry loads must be too big, because even if I pull the clothes out directly from the dryer, they're still not smooth enough for my liking. Now, I only iron pants (since they still look the very best if they're ironed) and... that's it! Just pants! I use this spray at least every other day. Tyler uses it all the time for his scrubs and t-shirts. I use it on the kids' clothes. My shirts. My skirts. Check out this demonstration. http://www.downyez.com/ I know the video is cheesy, but it shows you just how much time you can be saving. It is a bit pricey, but hey: time is money, right?
Monday, December 1, 2008
TYPE ONLY 1 WORD. IT MIGHT BE HARDER THEN YOU THINK!!!
1. Where is your cell phone? nonexistent
2. Your significant other? working
3. Your hair? LONG!
4. Your Mother? busy
5. Your father? somewhere
6. Your favorite thing? dates (as in dating; not the fruit)
7. Your dream last night? none
8. Your favorite drink? lemonade!
9. Your dream/goal? sing
10. The room you're in? basement
11. Your fear? pain
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? VACATION!
13. Where were you last night? home
14. What you're not? confident
15. Muffins? apple
16. One of your wish list items? Silicone (you'll never know, will you?)
17. Where you grew up. CALIFORNIA!
18. The last thing you did? play
19. What are you wearing? clothes
20. Your TV? perfect
21. Your pet? Duncan (This is Cameron's alter ego. He's a cat)
22. Your computer? S-L-O-W
23. Your life? stressful
25. Missing someone? Kyla
26. Your car? liquidated
27. Something you're not wearing? earings
28. Favorite Store? Target
29. Your summer? short
30. Your favorite color? undecided
31. When is the last time you laughed? today
32. Last time you cried? today
33. ONE OF MY FAVORITE FOODS: crab
34. PLACE I WOULD LIKE TO BE: Beach (Amen to that, Julie!)