Thursday, April 17, 2008

Oh well... Life isn't fair!

I hate the radio. I never listen to the radio. I get so tired of hearing the same songs (usually ones I hate) over and over again. HOWEVER: Tyler called me early Monday morning and told me that Mix 107.9 was having a contest. To fly the winner to Hawaii. To see Jason Mraz. Jason. Mraz. JASON MRAZ! For any of you who do not know this about me: I loooooooove Jason Mraz! It all started about 4 years ago. Yeah, he had that annoying song on the radio called "The remedy". I actually used to listen to the radio back then. And win stuff. A lot. So I won tickets to see him at Kingsbury Hall. We didn't really want to go: The remedy was the only song we were familiar with and we strongly disliked it. We were supposed to go to a funeral for a long lost relative of Tyler's. The day of the concert/funeral came, and there was a HUGE snow storm. The funeral was quite a drive and Tyler's mom told us not to come because of the bad weather. With nothing else to do, we drove to Kingsbury Hall expecting nothing special from the concert. Boy am I glad it snowed that day. The conert was AMAZING. Well, that's an understatement. All around us, people are singing along to these songs we've never heard. I kept thinking, 'How do they know all these songs?!' Jason Mraz uses scat in many of his songs, and that is one thing really caught our interest. I've never really liked anyone singing scat before, but Jason is so talented and hits ALL the notes, that it sounds incredible. He is an amazing artist who is just as good live as on the radio. (Better, really, because he improvises and changes things a lot!) Anyways, I tried, unsuccessfully, for 4 days now to win the contest. No such luck! Another girl won just this morning. She gets to fly (for free) to Hawaii to see Jason Mraz in concert. So that's why I say, 'Life isn't fair!' =) Anyways, this is Jason's semi-new song called, "I'm yours". Take a listen, er watch, and let me know what you think! Oh, and the drummer/back up singer is Toca Rivera. We think he's amazing too!

6 comments:

Rob and Tiff said...

Jamy you are too cute. Now you know how us 'non radio winners' feel. I can't ever get through to even come close to winning on the radio. Oh well! Can't have everything in life right? :-)

Love you and hang in there, we'll be back to UT, at least for a visit, sometime in the next century. :-)

KYLA CLAY said...

Uh, yah. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy said...

Ok...I think I actually am in love with that song now! I've listened to it about 4 times now! hehehe..., sorry about the tickets! Ugh!

Anonymous said...

LOL ... eh ... he's ok if yer into that kind of thing JAMY! ;)
Hope your week is going fantastically! We are "booked" up through the weekend again but lets try and get together again next week? Any days or nights you're available?

Kellybean said...

I agree, he is indeed very talented, in fact my sister and I were just talking about that about an hour ago. Funny huh.

Kim said...

That is awesome! I heard that song on the radio a couple weeks ago (Yep, I listen to the radio) and I loved it. I wondered who it was, thanks for answering that question. Who knew a white guy could scat?!? (Not at all racist, just telling it like it is.)Thanks for sharing. Kim