Thursday, March 1, 2012

Who's ready to get messy? And then clean?!

This was so fun! It kept Alexis busy for probably an hour. (Which is quite a feat!) Granted, I did it with her so maybe that's party why she stuck with it as long as she did. But I had a good time! I got this idea from Frugal Family Fun Blog. I've wanted to do this for a while now. I didn't think Alexis would be too impressed with just cars though. So I thought, "What other things need to be washed?" I came up with a shirt, teeth, a cat, hands, and a hot chocolate mug! And a car, just for the heck of it. I cut said shapes out of craft foam and then I drew details on most with permanent marker. Then it's time to get things dirty! We used crayola washable markers and drew 'dirt' on our foam items. Well, dirt and mud on the kitty, spilled hot chocolate and dried marshmallows on the mug, paint on the hands, lemonade on the shirt, and the best... food in the teeth!!! It was fun to see what Alexis came up with to dirty the foam with. One dish with soapy water, one dish with clean water and a towel to dry after the washing proccess. We added some sponges and a kitchen brush for extra washing fun!






1 comment:

Fleck Family said...

you can tell she had so much fun!!! I can't believe how big she looks in these pictures!!! So grown up!