Thursday, September 11, 2008

Failed attempt

Well today is a day I've been dreading since Feb. 14th 2007. Since I found out I was pregnant with a girl. I had to 'do' Alexis' hair! It's FINALLY long enough to do something with. The question is, WHAT do I do with it! So here was my attempt at making her look more like a girl, and less like a 50-yr. old man. Hair wise, that is. I don't honestly think my daughter looks like a man)








So, at first I thought it looked ridiculous, and the more I look at her, I can't tell if it's cute or stupid looking. Again, might I remind you that I have no idea what I'm doing? So, some tips, please? Is it too high on her head? I'd put it back a bit, but she already has so many short hairs that don't go into the ponytail.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Have you tried two of them? If you can only do the one, I suggest doing a little bow along with the pigtail! Makes it that much more girly! But I thought you did a great job! It's so cute!

And hey, I had to re-read the first part of your post, because I thought you were announcing you were pregnant with a girl! Scared me! hahaha! You would've been in trouble! :)

the keele's said...

hahaha. i love it. i do delila's hair like that too. thats all that can be done. she does not keep clips or headbands in her hair anymore. so thats it. the only thing that i can do. it is cute... hahahah. i try to keep a bow in the pony. it usually comes right out.

Anonymous said...

Aww I think it's CUTE! One day you'll miss those awkward high ponies ;o) I agree with Amy though, try two and make 'em high piggies! Those were my favorites with the girls.

raising4boys said...

Look at her walking! I thinks it's adorable. I don't know how to do hair either, I think that's why I have BOYS.

Heather said...

You are funny!! It looks great!!!

Tinabean said...

This is such a hard age to do little girls hair, there's just not a lot you can do.
I couldn't wait until my daughters hair grew so I could braid it & stuff.
I have some really fun girl hair style sites on my blog if you want to check them out for when she has a little bit more hair.
They are down on my blog roll as fun hair sites.
I really wish I had a little girl to do her hair again, my daughter is now 16 I won't let me touch it.